The Things Indoor Gateway is a LoRaWAN compliant, 8 channel, Semtech SX1308 gateway that connects over build-in ESP8266 WiFi connectivity. This ultra low-cost gateway comes out-of-the-box configured to an SLA-backed network by The Things Industries for network and gateway management.
A huge boon to the global IoT community, the Gateway can connect any kind of digital sensor to a homegrown app using the LoRaWAN protocol. Teams in several cities have begun work to launch their own local networks and platforms, ranging from temperature sensors for food storage or alerts when trash cans need emptying. The possibilities are endless, and now you can even join in and help add coverage in your neighborhood. Of course, you can set it up for non-public usage, but it’s more fun when you share!
This handheld-sized base station is your LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide-area Network) router to connect your devices to the Internet of Things. It’s plug and play. Activate your gateway in just 5 minutes to create your own local network.
- An 8 channel LoRaWAN indoor gateway
- One of the first gateways to support the state-of-the-art BasicStationProtocol
- Supports LBT
- Simple setup steps taking lesser than 5 mins
- Can connect to any network backend of choice
- Setup and Connectivity over WiFi
- Can be powered up via a USB-C cable or via an elegant connector to the power outlet
- Built-in omnidirectional antenna for indoor use
- EU868, US915, AS923 and CN470 versions available.
- Security via a range of modes
As an IoT gateway designed by The Things Network, it enjoys all the superior functions TTN provides to its customers. And of course, this gateway is able to connect with the secure and collaborative Internet of Things Network which is built that spans across many countries around the globe to provide coverage to millions of people.
I ordered one of these gateways today and am looking forward to getting it up and running when it arrives. Stay tuned for an update once I get it up and running!